Thursday, December 28, 2017

Unable to Console into 3 3750 E Switches

As the title says I have 3 3750 E switches that were removed from a stack yesterday. I have tried to console into each one and cannot. I have tried rebooting holding mode until syst light flashes amber then solid. I have booted the switch waited until it loads then held the mode button until all of the lights go solid. Nothing will put this this into a mode that I can console into it. I have used Putty and Tera Term all i get on the terminal screens is a bunch random characters nothing that makes sense and no command prompt to try to reset these. Normally I would think that points to a driver issue so I just re-installed the USB to serial driver today on my computer. I have also tested my cable and computer to console to a switch in production and I can console with no issue. All of these switches were working yesterday. Completely lost and I can't find anything online that can explain what is going on. Was hoping to re-purpose a few of these switches for an imaging station. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I actually just tried to log into the 3rd one and I can get into that one. Is it possible that the other 2 have their console ports bricked but still working because they were in a stack? Doesn't make sense to me but at least I can get into 1/3.



No comments:

Post a Comment