Friday, December 22, 2017

SNMP on a Cisco 2950

I have a few older switches that I need to use SNMP v3 to monitor. However when I enter the snmp user commands two odd things happen.

  1. Warning message: *Adding an snmpv3 user could cause a bootup delay, do you wish to continue? * I'm fairly sure this can be ignored.

  2. Things get weird here. This is the command I'm using. snmp-server user SNMPv3-USER snmpv3group v3 auth sha Password access 17 After entering this command and looking at the config and no SNMP user is there! However if I 'show snmp user' I can see the user name there.

However if I enter this command the user line stays in the config. snmp-server user SNMPv3-USER snmpv3group v3 access 17 The auth and sha config options are all valid when I check with ?.

And no matter what SNMP v3 won't authenticate. Anyone encountered & solved this issue?



No comments:

Post a Comment