Friday, December 8, 2017

Small VLAN question

So a client of ours is in a shared building, we receive dmz internet from their internal IT department. They use a shared printer with all other departments there.

Long story short, our firewall has 3 int's 1 wan(the dmz) 1 lan(internal use for my client) 1 lan with printer connected to it

I plug everything in, add the routes and try to ping the printer. No go, just to be sure I give my laptop static ip adress (same as my fw had previous) and I can ping the printer. I start troubleshooting but can't rly find the issue to why this is not working. I call the other IT guys he said yes you need to add vlan to your interface for it to work. I was sceptical to why since my laptop with static ip and no vlan configured could just ping the printer without any hassle with the same cable as my fw was using so I would think it was untagged.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction to why?



No comments:

Post a Comment