Friday, December 8, 2017

Small business router? Upgrading from Cisco RV220W

We're looking at a new router for the office (digital agency). Currently we're using a Cisco RV220W which has started acting up. So we're looking for an upgrade.

The office and current setup:

RV220W

24 port switch

1 AP in the conference room

15 employees, each person has 2-3 devices.

100/100 connection.

We don't really have an advanced setup. We don't even VPN or anything. Two VLANs. We might upgrade to a 1 gbit connection in the future. The team is unlikely to grow by more than one or two people in the next few years. We really just want the internet to work.. and avoid dealing with it.

I've been looking at the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Pro, Cisco 5506-X and the Cisco Meraki MX65.. but I feel like I'm just guessing. That's the kind of price range we'd be comfortable with though. I'm a product designer but I guess I'm the closest guy we have to an IT-guy. Would appreciate any insight from you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment