Tuesday, December 26, 2017

SlimLine CAT6 run

Can't find a whole lot of documentation on this (I searched!). I purchased 1000ft of SlimLine CAT6 to run a few APs at work, and can't for the life of me figure out how to crimp these properly.

The pairs are the diameter of human hair (almost), and will not be coerced at all into staying lined up to be used in a connector. I know people have used this stuff successfully for patch panels, but I can't for the life of me imagine how these were crimped.

They are also so thin, they won't stay in a keystone jack or patch panel. The weight of the cable itself pulls it right out of the patch panel - and in a keystone jack, the pairs are so thin they aren't making adequate contact.

Long story short - what are best practices for this type of cable?



No comments:

Post a Comment