Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Router for Small Business

Hi all,

I will start off by saying I am nowhere near a networking expert or claim to know what I am doing. I can set up a home network but that's pretty well where I draw the line. I tried to do some research but all the Cisco results are above my head.

My family's small business is really just starting to get into the internet age. Therefore, what they have right now is a home router - D-Link DIR-615 from about 10 years ago.

This device is running a network of ~30 devices day to day.

The old router has never really given too much grief, but the ISP recently did some upgrades and now the internet will cut out every few hours and will stay out until the router is reset.

So I was wondering if there is a mostly plug and play small business router out there.

The only requirements I have (or know I need) would be port forwarding and being able to reserve IPs throughout the network.

I apologize if this is a very noob question which I am sure it is, but I would appreciate any support. If you have any questions, please let me know.

The network itself is a rat's nest full of switches to workstations but I plan on running new Cat5e runs to every device from the router/switch. (I also have a 24 port switch I plan to hook up with the new router)

Thank you in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment