Thursday, December 7, 2017

Question regarding Meraki SD-WAN deployment.

I have small Verizon MPLS thta Verizon manages. we also have a layer2 comcast WAN for redundancy and as a result I decided to test out Meraki SD-WAN for it's PbR functionality and it's "Dynamic Path Selection". After speaking a bit with Meraki is seems that how i'm trying to deploy the solution in a way that isn't standar. Normally customers will terminate one private network (MPLS) and one public network (Internet) on the device at the remote location. In my case there is no direct internet access to our remote site and as you can see from the crude network map I create we are using two WAN transports.

My question is around the placement of the device at the remote location. Right now the Verizon MPLS router has a WAN interface and a LAN interface (192.168.20.1/24). That LAN interface is the default gateway of users at that location. I intend on plugging in the Comcast WAN handoff directly into one of the WAN ports in the Meraki and the LAN port of the Meraki into the switch on 192.168.20.0/24 network. Now i'm a bit stumped as to what I would do with the VZ MPLS router. Do I plug it's LAN port directly into the second WAN port of my MX84 essentially making that WAN port a 192.168.20.0/24 interface?

http://ift.tt/2AYDz8V

How have you guys approached this in your design?



No comments:

Post a Comment