Thursday, December 7, 2017

QOS in multi-tenant facility recommendations

Situation: Building with 80~ tenants running on 100/100 Fiber from Windstream. Hands off directly to a switch, tenants supply their own routers in suite and are then assigned one of our Public IPs(/25). New tenant works with HD video and is saturating the link uploading and downloading things to and from clients causing everyone else to lose access. Called up Windstream(lol) to see if they could do any traffic shaping on their Cisco 3925 ISR, answer NO, they recommended we get a second circuit and sign up for their SDWAN service. Which doesn't even begin to make sense for this problem.

The easiest solution I can see is to put a box in between the tenants and the Windstream ISR and limit everyone to 25mbps up and down.

I am fairly sure I can accomplish this with a Sonicwall, but I want the opinion of the hive mind here because I have limited experience in multi-tenancy deployments.

Ultimately the client will need to upgrade its circuit, but that takes 6-18 months with Windstream, and this is a problem now.

TL:DR What should I use for QOS in a multi-tenant building.



No comments:

Post a Comment