Saturday, December 2, 2017

Port Channel Config

I was curious in the past I have seen in the running config in the #show run, port channels that have the output of switchport mode trunk. Obviously that change is suppose to reflect to the individual ports in the port channel, based on how Cisco IOS works.

But the strange thing is on the same switch they have other Switchports that still function in trunk mode that are in various port channels but don't have the same output under the port channel interface output in show run.

Is this something that could cause future connectivity issues or mismatches? My guess is that my first example had the switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q command and the switchport mode trunk command applied at the port channel level and therefore has that corresponding output.

I know port channels can be funky, so does anyone have any input on this? Is there room for concern?



No comments:

Post a Comment