Friday, December 15, 2017

Nexus 5K shows No Operational Members in Port Channel with 4 Up/Up interfaces ... wtf

So I had my day ruined yesterday because of this shit.
Doing some housekeeping on our N5K's, I inherited a poorly maintained network.
I decided I would remove all unused Port Channels. Any Port Channel that had a status of "noOperMem" was getting deleted. Seemed like a simple task.
I was mistaken.
Deleting away, and all of a sudden tickets start flying in and phones start ringing. Users can't access the servers.
Turns out I deleted Port Channels that WERE being used in our Server farm.
Took me 3 hours to rebuild all the damage.
Fuck you Cisco.
I wanted to save this for Wednesday but nah.

Is this a thing, showing noOperMem on active channels???

I know I should have been more diligent before just deleting shit, but showing noOperMem when there are clearly up/up interfaces attached is complete bullshit.



No comments:

Post a Comment