Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Need to manage network for 4 buildings each 7000m2

Hey guys. I've just recently been handed a huge responsibility and opportunity. I've been tapped to manage pretty much everything that has to do with computers / networking in 4 hospitals that are currently being built. This is in a rather remote area in a developing country so not exactly overflowing with qualified candidates and the partners are concerned with the rampant graft and corrupt behavior so I've been chosen since I'm also an investor in the company.

My background is in computer science and I did programming in corporation mostly with Java and Python. That said, all I remember about networking is faint recollection of tannenbaum's book and using digital ocean to test my builds before pushing it out.

Are there resources one can read to catch up with current standard on building enterprise networking ? Best practices in cabling a building, picking switcher, building firewall and so on. Maybe an overview wiki with reference for more details. Best if said resources dont require previous knowledge.

  • 2 floors
  • 7000m2
  • healthcare facility i.e. hospital


No comments:

Post a Comment