Friday, December 29, 2017

Lead Network Engineer vs. Sr. Network Engineer? And what does a Network Analyst do??

What would you consider the difference between Lead and Sr. Network engineer? About six months ago I interviewed for a position which they didn't know whether to call it lead or senior. When I received my offer letter it said lead, my current title says lead, but the director calls me the sr. It really doesn't matter to me as I am the most senior engineer on the team and the pay is right in the ballpark of what leads/seniors make. But, I would suspect that a lead is junior to a senior and if my title is changed to senior I should be asking for more than an average pay raise? Thoughts?

Also we work with a few companies who employ "network analysts." I have no idea what these guys do, other than send requests to me. I'd suspect I should be asking them for cat gifs and memes?



No comments:

Post a Comment