Wednesday, December 6, 2017

L3 switch ibgp, which ones support lots of routes

Small isp here. Looking at running ibgp through our core site, connecting to an IX etc. We're certainly not using our asr to the fullest of it's capacities, and I'm not exactly sure what a beafy L3 couldn't do that we're doing now.

1) is there a reason not to use a L3 switch at the edge? I mean, isn't that really what the 7600/6500 is at it's heart and those things still power more networks than I can imagine.

2) The best L3 switch I can find that can take a half decent amount of routes is a 4900m @ 256k. But I hate that it's rocking X2 ports, sfp is a pain to get and SFP+ requires an adapted. But i can't seem to find much else out there that comes even close to being as beastly as this switch. new is not a requirement, support is not a requirement. used/grey is what we do



No comments:

Post a Comment