Wednesday, December 27, 2017

IP network scanner

Hi all - I'm looking for a new IP network scanning tool recommendations. Free is good, but would pay a little bit based on feature set. I'm currently using Advanced IP Scanner, and finding that it is not returning all the devices on the network. For instance, I had a network AP that I have ICMP enabled on and can ping it from a command prompt, but when I scanned the network using Advanced IP, it didn't register (I had to go look in the DHCP table to get the IP). It also caches scan results, so if I run a network scan on 192.168.1.0 at Client A and go to Client B and run the same scan, it will show me results from Client A. This forces me to have to go into a menu option and clear the cache (no shortcut key).

What does the community use? Thanks!

EDIT: might help... windows 10 with the linux subsystem installed



No comments:

Post a Comment