Wednesday, December 13, 2017

How Do I Build a Wired LAN Network for 15+ Machines?

At the moment at college we have been learning about all the components that build a network (router, switch, computers, wireless access point etc..) & the various network topologies (star, mesh, bus, tree etc...). We have also done lots of test network builds in Cisco PacketTracer without fail but one of my tasks is to write what components would be needed to build a LAN Network & the instructions to set it up. The hypothetical LAN would consist of 15 machines (Windows 10) & would be used for general file sharing between machines & printing.

Would the process of building a LAN network be the same in terms of components? (router, switch, WAP etc...), how would the IP addresses be assigned to the machines?. I have only done this so far in PacketTracer so I'm unsure if my answer would still be correct. Could anyone help me understand or point me towards a good piece of information for setting a LAN for a begginner since all the sites I go to seem to give different answers regarding the components & steps.



No comments:

Post a Comment