Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Help with resume and career advice?

Hi guys, I need some help. First with my resume and secondly with some life advice, normally I wouldn't reach out to strangers but there not really anyone I know personally in this field I can speak with ti get advice from.

First, I'm 21, currently enrolled in an It Networking and Telecommunications B.S. program at a local community college part time, and I work full time as T2 contracted phone support for a certain fruit based technology company.

I have an A+, my Associates(general ed.), I recently got my CCENT, and I'm working on my CCNA. I'm trying to see if I can get a new job as I don't like my current job very much. It pays a lot better than fast food, but its very stressful, the customers are rude, and short tempered and much, much more. I feel as if I've learned everything I can here and the work environment has become more stressful and anxiety driving since I started working here. Various co-workers I started working with have quit since the begging of the year.

I'm trying to see if I can find a job at an NOC or as help desk for an actual organization rather than glorified phone support. I'm wondering If trying to get into such a roll with what I have and a years experience is over-reaching?

Should I finish my CCNA, get a Sec+, then start looking again in February? Or do you think what i have right now would be enough with a good resume. Also, please help me with that as well. These would be the first "Real" jobs I've ever applied for, and I'm the first person in my family to work anything other than minimum wage or construction.

The reason I ask is because I really hate the job I have and I think I'm a few customers away from blowing my top.

Any help you guys have got to give would be really helpful here.

Edit: Am I allowed to post my resume here for some critique and help. I've been sending to interesting help desk and anything with "JUNIOR" and "NETWORKING" to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment