Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Had 2 questions in an entry level networking job I was wondering if someone could help me with.

Not asking for advice as I was offered the job, just curious what would have been a better answer.

1.) What new and upcoming technologies are you aware of?

  • I wasn't sure how to answer this as I am not currently in the networking field, but I told them that it seems like fiber is the new and upcoming thing. Which I know fiber isn't anything new, but it seems like it is preference now over CAT6 so I just went with that.

2.) How would you troubleshoot a computer not connecting to the network?

  • I started answering this saying I would open up CMD, do an Ipconfig and see where I am at there. He came back then with "Well these computers don't have hard drives, so we are stuck at the BIOS, how would you troubleshoot that?" I was unsure how to answer this, so I said I would start with physical components then, meaning I would check the incoming network cable and make sure it is undamaged and lighting up when plugged in. So I was just curious if I missed something with that answer. Is there a better way to troubleshoot a computer not connecting to the network?


No comments:

Post a Comment