Sunday, December 24, 2017

Does QoS not exist anymore?

Hey /r/networking, I haven't done a network role in almost 2 years now, so I'm relying your subreddit's expertise here. Does QoS no longer exist?

I know this is a home networking related question, but my bigger question is for the enterprise world in context of home networking. Every provider I've had for the home thus far including Frontier, COX and Spectrum have all provided QoS options either on the ISP provided router or a customer provided one.

However, I recently moved to Fullerton California and the only fiber provider is AT&T. QoS is not an available option on their managed router and AT&T refuses to let me use my own router. This doesn't surprise me, as when I used to work network support for a grocery chain AT&T was one of the shittier LEC's to work with.

With that said, can anyone confirm in the enterprise networking world if QoS is no longer a thing? Just want to make sure I'm not crazy.

Merry Christmas btw.



No comments:

Post a Comment