Thursday, December 28, 2017

Cyberoam firewall capped at about 100Mbps and I can't figure out why

No QOS, no IPS, application control, etc. The WAN link is negotiating at 1000/full (Gigabit Internet connection). If I bypass the customer's firewall and plug my laptop directly into the ISP's switch I get ~800Mbps, but through the firewall I'm capped at ~95Mbps up/down.

I'm out of ideas as far as what could be causing this. The licensing on the firewall has expired but as far as I can tell this shouldn't be causing the issue. (We renewed the subscription but the customer can't remember the password he used to register the device and the password reset isn't working, so we can't apply the key right now).

I'm kind of at a loss here, anyone else have an idea of what this might be?

Edit: ...nevermind. Someone did a "speed 100" on all the access ports on the switch here. Now getting 800Mbps. Should have checked the interface speed on my laptop I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment