Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Assistance w/ Meraki & Ubiquiti L3

Hey everyone.. Just wanted to see if people could take a look and sanity check my proposed setup...

Moving offices and absorbing a few smaller satellite offices at the new location, thus our current flat /24 will not be enough..

On the edge we have a Meraki MX100, internally I have a Ubiquiti ES-16-XG acting as an aggregator ToR switch, cascaded down to 2 ES-48-Lite and 2 ES-48-500W.

Currently our main setup is on 192.168.2.0/24... Which I have to leave intact as the previous admin has all sorts of gotcha's and landmines. e.g. specifiying server connections like ODBC by IP instead of DNS name.

I also want to break out the WiFi and VoIP into their own VLANs for the sake of housekeeping and organization, possible future traffic shaping.

If I leave 192.168.2.0/24 as the default VLAN but make it L3 routed. Add for instance 192.168.3.0/24 for VoIP and 192.168.4.0/24 for WiFi.

I'm pretty sure I can get the Ubiquiti stack up and playing nice... I am just concerned with the Meraki.. Do I just have to create and specify the same VLANs on it as I do the Ubiquiti gear, or do I have to do something like a /30 private network link between the Ubiquiti stack and the Meraki?

Any tips or tricks to ensure I can get something like this working without too much issue and hair pulling?

Thanks in advance everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment