Friday, December 1, 2017

ASA 5506x, no ping, no ssh, no AnyConnect connection?

Sorely confused, I've set up plenty of ASA's, not had much issues as I've gotten better. This one was no different, simple AnyConnect VPN, and ASA configuration. I haven't checked, but the modem has to be in bridge-mode (IP-passthrough) because of the setup.

The outside int has the public IP range assigned to it, with it's route out as (of course) the IP range GW. Everything internally has internet access. Following commands have been used for those who will ask:

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside

crypto key generate rsa modulus 2048

Inspect ICMP under global_policy

AnyConnect completely setup, on port 443, RADIUS authenticated.

AnyConnect states "Connection attempt has timed out. Please make sure you're connected to the internet" when trying to connect. Again, can't SSH externally, can't ping from outside, WHAT IS GOING ON. (please)

Also, MXToolbox shows that SSH is open on port 16, I did not set up anything to do with that and it's leading me to believe I can't see the FW at all - it's just not making sense to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment