Friday, November 10, 2017

What is the smallest networking closet you have used that didn't make you hate your life every time you had to do things inside?

They are going to be making some physical changes to some of the floors of the building and I have a chance to ask for some space for my use, but space is so tight that I have to request the absolute minimum space to have any hope of getting anything.

I want my closet to have punch down blocks for networking and telephony, and a rack to hold patch panel, switch, and a few other rack-mount items, with room for the conduit to pass wires into the ceiling and to the other floors.

According to the professionals I should have a minimum of 5' x 10' with double doors opening into the hallway, but that is probably asking too much.

What is the smallest closet you have used that didn't make you hate your life every time you had to do anything inside?



No comments:

Post a Comment