Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Switchport Trunk Add

So... I had to add some vlans to a trunk link today, and I learned something new. I bet your thinking that I forgot to use the add command, but I always triple check that.

I'm working on a building transition to another building... and I had one vlan too many apparently. At first I thought it was a cosmetic bug because I have never seen this before, and because that was the exact command I had entered to add the vlan.

This is how it shows in the running-config

interface Port-channel4 switchport trunk allowed vlan X, X, X, X... switchport trunk allowed vlan add 310 <--This line switchport mode trunk 

After thinking about it, it does make sense because if you had to paste this config elsewhere, it would require that command to apply correctly. Again, just something unexpected.



No comments:

Post a Comment