Wednesday, November 8, 2017

ProCurve 4208 QoS

A company we acquired has some 4208s on site that they claim are configured for QoS, but looking at the configuration it looks very minimal, and I'm wondering if QoS is actually in place.

There are a few "qos dscp-map" commands, but that's it. From what I understand from the documentation this basically just associates a DSCP value with an 802.1p value, but doesn't actually do any traffic prioritization.

It'd be conceivable for prioritization to happen if the priority values were defined by default or something, like, "priority 7" for example is always treated the same way on a ProCurve, but I'm not sure if that's the case.

Can somebody definitively tell me what steps need to be taken to actually prioritize different DSCP values in different ways on a port by port basis? Are there any commands to verify that it's actually working? I don't see any reference to different queues on the interfaces at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment