Thursday, November 30, 2017

Microsoft Protected EAP(PEAP) settings issues (x-post in wireless)

So I am configuring a new network (using Aruba/Clear Pass) having some issues on a couple of my older machines. I think I have found parts of the problems.

Outline of issues:

  • I tried to add WPA2-Enterprise profile via GPO, while the GPO is loaded on the machine it does not create the wireless profile.
  • I tried to manually add in the network and it would not allow me to traverse past the initial page (selecting specifically wp2-enterprise, the others network settings work fine).
    • I found the resolution to this, I found that we had SEP installed on the machines in questioned and that SEP had modified several of the DLL routes for EAP so I had to set those back to default Link for those who have similar problems
  • Now that I have gotten that far and can now setup profiles with Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) when I go through and try and select settings on the security tab I get error "Windows has encoutered an ereror saving the EAP properties. Specific error: The request is not supported."
    • While I have tried to google fu the answer I keep getting no where.

While these laptops have had SEP and Intel Proset, I have removed both so those (in theory) should not be affecting anything else. Has anyone else encoutered this? Is there away around it? In Clear Pass the error I keep getting when trying to connect is: RADIUS EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods.

I take that to mean its the EAP settings I need to effect change to and I am unable to. Any links or settings that I should look at would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment