Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Juniper EX Stability

I'm just curious about other people's experiences with Juniper's EX series switches. I have multiple platforms (all access switches) that I have been deploying for the past 4 or so years. However, they seem buggy as shit. Here are the platforms I have deployed

  • EX-4200-48T
  • EX-3300-48P
  • EX-3300-24T
  • EX-2300-48P
  • EX-2200-48P

I have had the following issues.

  • EX-4200-48T - Randomly crash. Software update fixed it. Been fine since.
  • EX-3300-48P - Doesn't mark DSCP values for most interfaces. Some interfaces work ok, but others just don't get marked. Software upgrade appears to fix the issue. However, since the upgrade the Master RE now crashes once a week.
  • EX-3300-24T - Master RE crashes randomly
  • EX-2300-48P - All services crash and restart. After the services come back up PoE doesn't work at all. Only a reboot will get PoE working again
  • EX-2200-48P - No problems with this one

Those are my main concerns. There's also other weirdness like not loading a config when losing power. Another time I couldn't commit changes due to a file locking issue in BSD.

Has anyone else experienced this many problems with these access switches? I really like JunOS, but I'm not sure I can, in good conscience, keep deploying these switches.



No comments:

Post a Comment