Wednesday, November 8, 2017

IPv4 Static Address "poisoned"

Hey guys, I'm at the end of my rope on this one, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. This is a weird one.

So, I run a server on my home network, with a statically-assigned IP. Every so often, this server stops being able to reach the gateway on that static IP via IPv4. However, if I change to any other IP, it immediately starts working again. If I change back, no luck.

So, every couple of months, I've been having to change IPs. This has even happened to my previous server, when it was the Primary Domain Controller. It doesn't happen to any other devices on my network, so I figure it has something to do with the device being a domain controller, although I don't see what that could possibly be. IPv6 still works fine, so thankfully I can maintain my RDP sessions.

I've checked that there aren't any rogue devices on my network; I've checked there's no IP conflicts (Most devices are statically assigned and don't have problems). The IP is also statically assigned in the router, and there are no worrysome events in the router logs.

What's interesting is that the IP just seems to be "poisoned" for a set period of time, until it strikes whatever new IP I'm using -- then the old one works again.

Modem/Router: Netgear C6300

Windows 2016 Server 2 NICs, one for the server, one dedicated to hyper-v

Switch: Cisco C3650 (15.2(2)E5)

Can someone help me out here?



No comments:

Post a Comment