Thursday, November 16, 2017

I made a network tools site that's actually useful to me. Hopefully you find it useful as well.

I've been programming lately because it's the future and all us network engineers are apparently out of a job... (/s)

I was playing around with node/express/react and thought I'd create a website for a couple of network tools I use:

http://ift.tt/2hyJF4w

There's a tools for

  • IPv4 Subnetting

  • Converting between binary/decimal/hex

  • Converting between bits/bytes

  • DNS

  • WhoIs

  • BGPv4 prefix lookup (I know this isn't the most useful, just playing around with their API).

Warning it's not mobile friendly because honestly I rarely need these tools when I'm away from a computer and if I did need it I'd prefer an app anyway (at least that's my excuse).

Running it in a docker container on a $5 Linode VPS because why not. Pretty fun actually. One docker container for the site, another for a reverse NGINX proxy and another container for automatically issuing Lets Encrypt certs. Using Cloudflare as a CDN.

Code is on Github here: http://ift.tt/2zKQies



No comments:

Post a Comment