Thursday, November 23, 2017

Enterprise-wide default route swing tonight - shitting myself

I'm trying to get some sleep before tonight I embark on probably one of the biggest potential pending shitstorms in my career in networking....

We are migrating data centers and with that comes internet connections - proxy traffic seems to be flowing through the proxy in the new data centre but tonight is the turn of the 'direct' traffic for shitty legacy apps and that cannot proxy for whatever reason - traffic that uses the default route.

I need to announce the new default route from our new data centre into our MPLS network and nullify the advertisement of the old one. Oh and by the way the powers that be have cancelled the current internet connection and it will be chopped in 6 days (and with it goes IPsec s2s vpns etc)

I'm unsure if anyone is whitelisting our current public IP internet based apps or services, I'm sure countless firewall rules have been missed on the new DC DMZ firewalls too

The task may seem trivial from a 1000 foot view - but on the ground this has been chaos. Rushed. I'm not holding out much hope.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment