Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Enabling SSH access on an HP5500?

Recently inherited a network that terminates all IDFs to a single HP5500, currently with only console access. SSH is active but nobody can log in with any credentials.

Spent half an hour yesterday trying to enable SSH via console.

Here's the relevant config:

 ssh server enable ssh client source interface Vlan-interface1 ssh user austindcc service-type all authentication-type password user-interface vty 0 15 authentication-mode scheme user privilege level 3 protocol inbound ssh local-user austindcc password cipher $c$3$avzOJ------------------------------------- authorization-attribute level 3 service-type lan-access service-type ssh 

I followed everything I could in this HPE forum post. No matter what I do (correct or incorrect password), I getPermission denied, please try again.

When I was jacked into the console, I saw the SNMP trap for failed SSH login, but nothing to indicate why the login failed.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment