Friday, November 17, 2017

Eliminating single point of failure on incoming WAN connection

I'll preface by saying I'm a "jack of all trades" person, so I have networking knowledge, but not strong networking.

At our datacenter setups, we're trying to eliminate every single point of failure.

Currently it goes like this:

Single fiber internet line > switch > dual Sonicwall HA's > core switches

That initial switch the internet line runs into is our single point of failure. What I'd like is to request two fiber runs from our ISP that are on the same circuit, then have them run into two switches which then feed the HA Sonicwalls. But I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

Is that possible? What would have to be configured to accomplish it? I just need a starting point here but I'm just not sure how something like that would be configured, what to ask my ISP for, etc.

Obviously I know there could still be a failure on the ISP's end at some point, not impossible, but my goal is to at least eliminate as many single points of failure on our end as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment