Monday, November 20, 2017

CUCM 9.0 Global Address List Smart Phone Contacts Seeing User Extension

I am not sure completely sure how to describe this issue but I will do my best to explain. I can't help but feel that other people have encountered this problem and overcome it.

From my research as well as TAC cases I understand that in CUCM 9.x that the directory search for extension will only display the number number listed under the "Telephone Number" field from Active Directory (if you are using LDAP synced users).

This is fine for the most part but the problem is that when users on their smart phones go to search the Global Address List for a contact, the number listed as "work" is the same number listed in the "Telephone Number" field for the user in Active Directory.

This is very undesirable for the users as it is of no value to have a four digit extension number when you are calling from the PSTN. My initial attempt to address this was to simply move us to ten digit dialing, but that was met with considerable resistance by my decision makers.

Has anyone else overcome this problem? I feel like there should be a way to present additional numbers in the global address list such as the "IP Phone" field and others. I'm not an expert on Exchange or the general behavior of the Global Address List so I am not really sure where to go to resolve this.

If anyone has any suggestions or has overcome this issue in some other way I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment