Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Cisco Wireless Point-to-Point

Greetings all. I'm getting a little confused about a few things and I hope someone's experience can help out. We are having a new building constructed and the contractors have 2 trailers outside our hospital. Apparently in the contract we have to provide an internet connection to them. At the risk of becoming a TLDR, there was fiber that ran where we needed it, but it's been left in the elements and tested bad. So, I'm needing another option, besides a new fiber run.

So, here's where my confusion starts because I'm not wireless expert. The trailer isn't very far, maybe 100 yards, and has direct line of site from the hospital. I'm assuming I need to create a bridge, but I'm not seeing that as an "AP Mode" option in one of my 3802's I'm trying to test with. I just see "local, FlexConnect, Monitor, and Sniffer." The antenna that I'm looking at is this one. I've used Ubiquiti's NanoStation about 3 or 4 years ago and mentioned that but was told "get a Cisco solution." Too bad because I remember how easy it was to setup and how well it worked.

So, is a bridge what I need to look at or am I totally off base? I'm going to continue to research on my own, but figured I'd throw this out there. Appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment