Saturday, November 11, 2017

Change default VLAN interface on HP 1920 Switch

Hey all,

I've got a HP 1920 switch setup. I've got my default VLAN interface on id 1 and a second VLAN interface on id 100. I want to setup the id 100 VLAN as the default but I can't seem to find a way to do it through both the web interface or the cli.

I've entered the expanded cmd options through "_cmdinline-mode on" but none of the options allow me to set the default VLAN.

Also through google I found this doc "http://ift.tt/2i6NVZG" which says there is an option to change the default VLAN ID from the global config option. But I'm not sure if the doc is even for the correct switch and am not sure how to enter the config options since the "config" command does nothing:

"default-vlan-id

When you enable port-based VLAN operation, all ports are assigned to VLAN 1 by default. As you create additional VLANs and assign ports to them, the ports are removed from the default VLAN. All ports that you do not assign to other VLANs remain members of default VLAN 1. This behavior ensures that all ports are always members of at least one VLAN. You can change the VLAN ID for the default VLAN by entering the following command at the global CONFIG level of the CLI:

HP9300(config-vlan-2)# default-vlan-id 4095

You must specify a valid VLAN ID that is not already in use. For example, if you have already defined VLAN 10, do not try to use "10" as the new VLAN ID for the default VLAN. Valid VLAN IDs are numbers from 1 – 4095"

Anybody got any ides?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment