Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Can I get some suggestions for switch upgrade for my company? (something better than Dell PowerConnects)

I work at an SMB with around 100 users and about 250 devices total and we are due for a hardware refresh, mainly the network switches. We currently have six network closets that all connect back to a main network stack, back in our server/networking room.

Currently all of our closet switches are Dell PowerConnect 5524's or 5548's and they all connect back to a stack of 4 Dell N3048's via port channels/LAG groups over 2-4 Cat5e cables (I'm hoping to eventually connect the switches via fiber at some point but it will require a lot of ceiling-crawling).

I always hear bad things about these Dell switches and they've been good enough so far, but I'm thinking we'd be better to go with something by Cisco. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be Cisco.



No comments:

Post a Comment