Thursday, November 9, 2017

Can I connect two wireless APs to each other via Ethernet in order to create essentially a switch?

Hello there /r/networking, please excuse my lack of greater knowledge with most things network related in advanced, also please excuse my terrible sharpie sprawlings. I have an issue with my current home network where my computers are roughly 75 feet worth of Ethernet cable away from the modem resulting in what I can only describe as several yards of blue spaghetti throughout my home.

What I am hoping to achieve is to run a single Ethernet from the router closest to the modem to a router closer to my computers to act as a switch of some sort to wire all of my computers into as opposed to running several individual wires throughout the house from the router closest to the modem. Bonus points if the switch can still function as a wireless access point, as you can imagine, being 75 feet away from the wireless AP produces a less than desirable wireless browsing experience. Much appreciated for any and all help.



No comments:

Post a Comment