Wednesday, November 15, 2017

BGP implementation on Azure gateways

Hello,

I setup a fully meshed IPSec connection between two routers on my side and an Active-Active Azure gateway, effectively two VPN endpoints as well, for a total of four tunnels.

I setup BGP over this to exchange routes with Azure, however I can not convince Azure to return the traffic to me over a single path by the traditional as_path prepending mechanism. Admitedly the Azure implementation guide doesn't say anything about as_path prepend, but I hoped it would work. It may be that the mistake is on my side as I'm far from a BGP expert, but I suspect that Azure has only a very basic BGP implementation and doesn't honor as_path prepention. I also wasn't able to find any info on this via the trusty google search. Has anyone else succeeded in setting something like this up? Have you managed to make the traffic flow as you wish?



No comments:

Post a Comment