Thursday, November 23, 2017

BGP Adj-RIB-Out

Hi guys,

As I understand to view the Adj-RIB-Out table on a Cisco router you use "sh ip bgp neighbors x.x.x.x advertised-routes"

I have two routers, with two circuits connecting to the same ISP. I influence inbound routing via MED.

Now when I do the above command it doesn't seem to show me my advertised routes WITH the MED set via the route-map. Although the influencing does indeed work as I can see Rx increase on the interface.

R1 route-map rm-isp-out permit 10 set metric 10 R2 route-map rm-isp-out permit 10 set metric 15 

I have lab'd this up and when I do a "sh ip bgp neighbors x.x.x.x routes" on the ISP router I can see the correct MED but still the PE routers don't show this.

My question: How can I verify I am indeed sending the MED to the neighbour if I don't have access to the neighbouring device.



No comments:

Post a Comment