Thursday, November 9, 2017

Best way to test connectivity from multiple ISP's?

If I'm running a web service off of a multihomed BGP AS, what's the best way for me to check application layer connectivity to my network from multiple providers, preferably on a regular basis?

I get that I could throw a machine behind a router with multiple circuits coming into it, but that's not exactly scalable plus it limits me to those ISP's that are available in my area. And of course I could alternate among multiple VPN providers, but then I'm at their mercy should they change their upstream ISP's. Likewise I could always ping hosts on different provider networks, but that's not the same as a machine on their network throwing an HTTP GET at me. Just wondering if there's a service or a setup anyone has used that they like. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment